Thursday, October 09, 2008

Sunny California

It's been very fun here at this work-related thing. I've spoken with many people and ridden a ferry. I'm sitting here in my room while lunch is going on simply because I am trying to observe Yom Kippur today by not eating. I used to do this every year but got lax the past few years. Since I am not pregnant, breastfeeding or sleep-deprived I felt I had no excuse this year.

Today ends our sessions and begins my leisure time. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the area.

Poor Ken is having a hard time sleeping without me and Kieran decided that his diaper was way too heavy to continue to sleep (at around 3 am). Ken did manage to get him back down but didn't sleep much himself. Pile onto that he ran around today and got his car back, only to have it stall out in front of the body shop. Fortunately he was next door to the dealership where he's been getting it repaired. $800 later his car is running. $2K more and it will give us another year. *sigh*

Ah well. At least the wine here has been fantastic and I should be able to bring him home a good bottle of it.

No comments: