Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Missing You...

So, I just arrived in California. I'm here for the remainder of the week and am even taking an extra day just to do something fun (the rest is work-related). But, I'll admit, I already miss Ken & Kieran.

I'm sure Ken's gong to have fun with Kieran this week with some good daddy/son bonding time. He's already got some cool things planned. Ken got a dose of my regular pickup routine. Today, when Kieran saw him, he jumped up, grabbed his bag and went straight to the door, getting ready to open the handle.

I've been thinking about it - should I worry that my kid is so ready to go home? Does that mean he doesn't like daycare? Then I remembered - in the mornings when I drop him off he usually gives me a (waffle or banana laden) kiss and says "bye bye". He's ready for me to go. I guess at night he's ready for me to be there.

Anyway, random thoughts. I can't believe it's 8pm at home right now. Here it's just 5. I'm starting to realize that this is going to be a very long week. Is it Saturday yet?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awww! Hang in there! Lots of calls home to the family should get you through. I'm away from Ben right now too, so I know how you feel.