Monday, October 27, 2008

200th Post and Other Milestones

OK I just had to brag that this is my 200th post. I'm sorry I haven't done any photos in awhile but Verizon is not doing a good job of getting our DSL working at home. We download photos to Ken's computer and then post them online so it's a bit of a struggle without that. Hopefully that will get fixed later this week.

So - the big milestone.... A Toddler Bed. Yeah, that's right, I wussed out on moving him whole hog to a twin bed from the crib. But he's doing well with it so far (and we didn't have to buy a new mattress, so that's a bit of a savings plus resale on this will be high). We bought the bed on Saturday, assembled it after his nap and he slept on it just fine his first night. I'm sure that once he really gets that he's able to get up on his own we're in big trouble, but for now so far so good.

He's talking up a storm. Our favorite phrase is "Where did it go?" in reference to practically anything or anyone.

Dad and I had fun at Sunday's game (thanks Dad!) watching the Ravens WIN. I think Kieran is on his way to being a football (and specifically a Ravens) fan. Especially if Zadie (and probably Ken too) has his way. Dad gave Kieran a Ravens blanket (which he slept/cuddled with last night) so he's on his way. OK back to work. Love to all. Blog again soon.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Toddler bed? HUGE milestone! It's very sad and scary and exciting all wrapped up into one, right? Hopefully you didn't spend your first night crying like I did...

Jana G said...

No, no crying but a lot of lost sleep worrying that he'd get up.

Kikentai Triathlon said...

He did get up. He got up, grabbed a book from his bookshelf, went back to bed, flipped the pages, got up, put the book back and went to bed. I'm OK with that. Oh, wait, that was for his nap yesterday.