Friday, October 26, 2007

Teething or Sick?

One of these two things may be going on with Kieran. He's been off his game a bit at daycare this week being lethargic and not really his usually peppy self.

Conversely, he's largely sleeping through the night (usually just one awakening) and waking up happy, laughing and smiley. I'm going to wait and see how he is this weekend, when we can observe him during the day directly. If he continues to be less than himself, I'll try to get him into the doctors early next week. Our concern is that they (the doctors office) told us he had some fluid on one of his ears and we should be keeping an eye on it. If he's got an ear infection we want to treat it right away.

Ken has promised me that he'll get photos up today. I'm going to hold him to that and make him do much cleaning if he doesn't come through. (OK, truth be told he'll probably still need to do the cleaning but I won't be as mean about it.)

All Robbers Should Be Hung by Their Toenails and Pummeled into Unconsciousness with Organic Carrot Juice (or Something Evil like that)
On a completely different note.... my mom's house got robbed a few weeks ago. I'm still pretty ticked off about it (as, I know, is she). They didn't just take things. They took emotionally important things. Like her and her late husband's wedding bands. Every piece of gold jewelry is gone. Her computer and iPod - gone. A nice piece of luggage to take it all away in... gone. So, now she's got an alarm system and three alarmed kids.

I want mean things to happen to these people, whoever they are. If they broke in and stole every last crumb from her pantry, then obviously they were hungry and that's understandable. But to assume that it's OK to take these items - things that mean more than their dollar value - because you need/perceive you need money, it's just beyond me.

OK, done for now. I hope to post photos (since I'm about 2 weeks behind) soon.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh! I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is okay...