Monday, October 15, 2007

Step One

Kieran took his very first step over the weekend (two of them, actually) without any prodding from me or Ken. It was so amazing - Ken even managed to get the historic event on camera. Kieran was just standing on his own, and all of a sudden he took a step, then another. Ken was trying to take a photo of him standing up and managed to capture the walking (OK, stepping but give me a proud mama moment for a sec, wouldya?).

Anyway - the weekend was really nice. We did errands on Saturday and saw the family on Sunday for Zack's birthday. I can't believe he's 7 already. Its just crazy. I can remember when he was Kieran-sized and we babysat, or walked around the hospital with him. We all went to Red Robin in Columbia and had a good time. Even visited Oma and Opa (that's my grandparents) for a bit to play tech support for my grandmother's email.

Finally got to see Charles and Drew too - haven't seen them in forever. And now they're asking to "borrow" Kieran to get into some party. It's fine by me - he's so well behaved, even when he's cranky. Let's hope that continues.

We've only got two bad things going on right now. Our first foray into non-family babysitting occurs tonight. Ken's firm works with Goodwill and they are hosting a benefit party tonight which we are attending. I am trading babysitting with a women from the Federal Hill Kids Group (she's got 8 month old twins). She and her husband (and the kids) came over so we could meet but I'm still leaving Kieran with essentially a complete stranger tonight and its wigging me out.

The other thing is that he is no longer sleeping through the night. I don't know if its the temperature, the teething or the stuffy nose, but he is waking up about 3 times a night. This is KILLING me and Ken. We're wandering around like Zombies. Ah well, enough of this. Gotta get back to it. Busy today and tomorrow. I hope to post the photos from this weekend shortly.

No comments: