Monday, September 17, 2007

If You're Happy and You Know It....

That's right, Kieran is clapping. He has figured out that he can bang his hands together to make noise, and he's loving it. We had a good weekend, Ken talked me into the Renaissance Festival on Saturday because the weather was beautiful and we hadn't gone in a few years. It was really nice. Here's a shot of Ken and Kieran at the festival.
This was towards the end of the day so the fact that he's smiling is a good thing. He went to bed early (lots to process) after this. By 6:30 that night, he was done. I don't know what we're going to do when he gets older and wants to move his bedtime to 7:30 or something crazy like that. We sat and watched a few shows and he was fascinated by the storyteller we stopped to watch. He sat still for an entire story, which he never does at home (but then again, we're not in costume).

The other thing Kieran is working on (I mean besides walking, which he's trying so hard to figure out) is waving. This morning after his bottle he would wave to me and I would wave back, then he would wave again. He's still not good if you initiate the wave, but he's figuring it out.

Other than that, not much else is new. Ken goes to SC on Thursday to see Ben graduate from the Marines (sorry I wont' be there too, Ben). I'll be heading down to my grandmothers (Bubbie's) place on Friday for a feast before I starve myself on Saturday (that's Yom Kippur - aka Day of Atonement). While I don't go to temple or anything, I do usually observe the ritual fast. I'm not sure why I do this. I haven't for the past two years so doing it this year might be hard, but I will do my utmost.



OK, back to work for me. I'll leave you with this photo of me and Kieran and give you the link to Ken's website for photos from our latest Camera Day.

2 comments:

Wynne said...

Jana - That is a wonderful picture of you and Kieran! It's hard to believe that he is 8 months old already. Thanks for all your posts - it's nice to be able to see him in his various stages, and so handsome and cheerful, too.

Jana G said...

Thanks so much for the comment. I know that a lot of people are reading the blog and keeping up with Kieran. It's nice to get the feedback every now and again!