Monday, October 09, 2006

Up to His Old Tricks

Well, I thought that the whole not liking what I've ordered at restaurants phase had passed. Apparently not. It happened again this past weekend when Ken and I went to get carpet ordered for Kieran's room. Went to Bertucci's afterward. Ordered something that sounded good when I got it, but when it came, didn't look so good.

At least I had lunch at the office today.

Not much else to report right now. We opened the box of gifts from my mother-in-law. I don't think we'll need any more blankets. We also got a nice gift from our friends in Salisbury when Ken went down there this weekend. Right now we're just putting things in the den until the baby's room is finished.

We ordered carpet (it's called Legato and comes in tiles with built-in padding, etc for easy installation) and that should be in within 2 weeks. We will do the carpet installation (I say we, but it could just be Ken or it could just be me) ourselves and then the contractor will put the baseboards on. Then it's just getting the furniture up from my brother's house and the kid's room is 90% DONE. I really can't wait. I'm pretty happy to see it all finally coming together.

Next on the hit list will be fixing the upstairs (3rd floor) bathroom, which had begun to leak (I swear this house is rebelling against having a kid in it again). We'll find out the cost for that in a few days or next week. Such fun to always have a project to get completed.

Right now I'm at work enjoying my last few moments of lunch break while I type this. Eating candy corn makes me wonder if I can go trick or treating this year in Kieran's honor or if I have to wait until he's actually outside of me to do that.... what do you think?

No comments: