Monday, October 02, 2006

Food, Fun and Family

Well, we had a nice time at Bubbie's (that's my father's mother for those not 100% up on my family tree) for a Yom Kippur supper. Good food and good company though I swear Ken was eating for two more than I was. To be fair, he hardly ever gets such good brisket and I never, EVER make cabbage rolls, which I know he loves (but I never eat, so I don't make).

Not much else is new. I think I've gained weight. I can't really tell as we have a Body Mass Index (BMI) scale that shoots a small eletrical charge through you. When we asked about this to the midwife, she said to be on the safe side, don't use it. Of course, I can't really step on the scale and see what it says anymore anyway. I know the kid is growing and he's been kicking (though I think I put him in a food coma -he's been pretty quiet since last night) so I think we're on the right track.

The last thing, for anyone interested and those who I don't have an email for - we've launched our invite to the baby shower. It's up on evite, just shoot me a comment with your email address (I can delete it when I'm done, just let me know you want me to do that) and I'll get ya invited. We don't pay any attention to the conventional wisdom. We're hosting our own, it's for men and women (and kids), and we're holding it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I hope we don't kill each other with all this family togetherness :-). I will, however, promise we will NOT serve Turkey at this event. Have a good one!

No comments: