Monday, October 23, 2006

Kick Me Already!

I went to the doctor on Friday - weighed in at 161 (but I'd venture to say you can subtract a pound or two for the heavier clothing/shoes I was wearing at the time). But they are happy with my weight gain - said I was right on track.

I unfortunately will have to get blood drawn. Not this weekend but next (at my 28 week mark) to do the glucose test. All I can say is it BETTER be normal. I don't think the women at Qwest Diagnostics (where I go to get blood drawn) want to see it any other way either. I'll probably do the same thing we did before - first thing in the morning with my mom and 2 nurses. I don't have a huge margin of error on this - they need to draw my blood roughly 1 hour after taking the glucose drink. I tried to beg and plead for a finger prick test, but they need to test a few more things. I do think this will be the last time I have to have blood drawn though. Good news for me - and the kind technicians at Qwest.

Not much else is new. The midwife was not happy to hear that Kieran is not moving as much as he did. Now I have to pay more attention to when he's kicking and moving around. If he doesn't move around every few hours or so, I'm to get something to drink, lay down, push on my stomach and then, if he still doesn't move, I've got to call the doctor. Every since I've been paying attention, he seems to be doing OK. There are a few times when he doesn't move as much as I'd like, but that's OK. When I follow the midwife's suggestions (get something to drink and/or eat, sit still, etc) it seems to work. I've only had to press on my belly once or twice to get him to kick me or push out.

I'm starting to get into freak out mode. Realizing how little time we really have before "the big day" (whenever that actually happens) and how much we need to get done is wigging me big time. Maybe it's my nesting instinct.

Ken says he'll freak out about a month before the baby is due. Until then, it's too early for him.

Carpet just came in, so we'll be getting that installed this coming weekend. Then it's getting the baseboards installed and the furniture from my brother's house, then the room is about 90% complete and we'll be able to put away some of the things that we've received already (and if I haven't said thank you - THANK YOU!).

That's all from pregnancy-land. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, its not that the baby was not moving, but more likely that Jana just wasn't timing it. Plus, she was freaking out for a while when the baby wasn't moving every hour. So, I don't think that it was that the baby wasn't moving.

Anonymous said...

Ken, you are such a guy!!