Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mawage, that Bwessed Awangement

We somehow managed to get crazy busy again, but I do have some nice stories to share.

Kieran has been oddly focused on being married. For awhile he would ask, in a sing-song voice "Will you maaarrrry me?" to which I would respond that I was already married. This did not deter him. (He is going to hate this blog when he's older and I can show this to potential mates). He would keep asking, and after awhile just break down into laughter. Not entirely sure what's funny, but hey - I like laughing Kieran.

We also had a talk about laws and marriage being two boys, two girls or a boy and a girl, like me and Ken. We hadn't talked about this in a few months when Kieran came to me and told me he's decided that he wants to marry a girl, not a boy. I said that's fine so long as he's happy. Then he got very sad aid said he did not think he would ever find someone to marry because he hasn't met them yet. I looked at him. "You're six." I said. He nodded. "Do you know how old I was when I met your dad?" Shake of head. "Eighteen." His eyes got big, disbelieving. "You've got plenty of time, kiddo."

And then he asked me if I heard him fart.

No comments: