Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Two Week Mark

So, she's two weeks old as of Monday. That was Amelia's original due date, which is somewhat strange. We've got a drs appt on Friday for her 2 week checkup, I'll post more after that.

Still waiting on test results - first set not due until late next week (waiting sucks, just have to say it again) so nighttime is pretty rough. For some reason she's decided to feast between 9-midnight or 10- 1 am every night. I'm talking non-stop eating. She'll feed for about 15-20 mins, seem to be done then start to root when I put her upright to burp. So, we'll switch sides and start all over again. For the ENTIRE time. Can you say 'exhausting'?

Still mostly asleep during the day - working on that but it is hard when I'm so beat. I get no more than 2.5 hrs of sleep at a clip - usually just 1 or 2 b/c I have to keep waking her to feed every 3 hrs. So she'll eat at say 1 am, then I have to wake up a bit before 4 to get her back up to eat again, even if she'd rather sleep.

On the plus side, she's feeding solely on breastmilk, so I'm happy about that. And she seems to be gaining weight. When we brought her in for her last checkup she was nearly back at birthweight, can't wait to see how chubb she's getting on Friday. A little worried about the "short frenulum" which was noted last week, Kieran had tongue tie when he was born, and I asked repeatedly for them to check Mia for this, in the hospital they said she was fine, but the lactation consultant we saw last week said her frenulum was short, but if she's eating OK we shouldn't worry about it though we'll have to keep an eye on it in case it messes with her speech. Something else to have the dr check out on Friday.

That's all for now. Love to all, blog again... sometime...

No comments: