Monday, July 25, 2011

All the News

First a kidling udpate...
Amelia had a great drs appt today. She weighed in at 7 lbs 5.6 oz, meaning she gained 9 oz in 6 days, more than the ounce per day they were looking for. She's now on track and we won't have to worry about another drs appt until her 2 month checkup.

Still no news on her testing for MCADD, so we continue to feed her every 2-3 hrs, even if we must wake her. Ken and I have begun splitting the nights as she (like her brother before her) will not sleep unless she's held. We're hopeful that as she's older (in a few weeks) we'll be able to move her into her crib and Ken & I could sleep in the same bed at the same time... well, we can dream.

Other news...
My grandfather passed away on Sunday morning. He was 97 and an amazing man. This is my maternal grandfather and we've told Kieran though I'm not sure he really grasps the concept of death. The funeral is on Wednesday, Mom asked if I wanted to say anything and while I have lots of great memories of my grandfather, I don't think I could put into words how much respect and love I had for the man. He was not a lovey-dovey man, not someone who showed affection readily (or at all, really), but I knew he loved me. And I guess that's all that matters.

No comments: