Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Welcome Amelia Elizabeth Gauvey

On Monday, June 27, at 11:06 am, we welcomed our little Mia. She was 6 lbs, 4 oz and exactly 19 inches long.

For those keeping track, no, I did not go into labor. I went to the drs on Monday and was told I had very low amniotic fluid. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars, go directly to Labor and Delivery. One of two things would happen - they would double-check me, give me fluids and send me home or they would deliver the baby. Obviously, they delivered.

Thankfully my mom was with me to keep me calm, I called Ken who I swear panicked just a bit. We both sat in the OR Recovery room saying "This is just weird." But, this time a much better experience in terms of being awake for what was happening (no, I did not wail about her hair) and I managed to get the IV in quickly and (mostly) quietly. Still at the hospital not sure when we'll head home, it's been an eventful week.

Kieran and Ken are definitely already in love with Mia. And so am I.

3 comments:

MsJoanie said...

Congratulations!

Wow, that's the same thing that happened to me! Low amniotic fluid, I mean. And Simon was 6 lbs 14 oz at 19 inches... almost the same :-)

Post pictures when you can please, and get as much rest as you can in the hospital.

Wynne said...

Jana - Congratulations!!! and Welcome to Amelia Elizabeth. What a lovely name. Your mom is soooo proud of you, and I am just tickled to death that the two of you came through this so beautifully.
Maybe NOW you'll learn to listen to your mom??

Wynne

Wynne said...

P.S. My last comment was only in regards to Amelia's June arrival. LOL

Wynne