Monday, January 26, 2009

Hospitals - YUCK!

I still owe you all more cruise info and I promise to deliver at some point, but things have been crazy lately and I figured I should let all and sundry know.

My grandmother, Mutti (mom's side) went into the hospital on Thursday. She's out now, so it's all good. She had pneumonia and needed to be hospitalized for awhile. My mom stayed with Poppop to keep an eye on him and when she needed to run errands, I hung out with him. My grandfather has Alzheimers. Mom said the level of vigiliance is similar to that of dealing with a toddler (she's right) but the response is different. Anyway - they gave her anitbiotics, she's good and is home.

My dad had surgery today for a torn rotator cuff. The doctors fixed the issue but when he was done with surgery his oxygen levels didn't come back to where they should be. I'm waiting by the phone to find out if they're going to admit him to the hospital or if the issue will correct itself once his anesthesia wears off (which is what Dar thinks will happen).

I'm also on pins and needles waiting to hear if my cousin's wife has gone into labor. Katie - I'm thinking of ya!

Personally, I'm sick and have been unable to kick the cold that's been plaging me since we got back from the cruise. Ken's working crazy hours and I've actually got tons of work I should be doing instead of blogging.

Kieran did WONDERFUL tonight. We've been hit with the terrible twos pretty big. Some of that is our own fault. With the cruise, his birthday and then him being sick he's gotten nearly unlimited TV for the past few weeks. Yeah, I put an end to that tonight. He whined a little bit when I told him there would be no TV tonight. When he realized I wasn't going to cave he redirected to playing with Ochi and then Play-Doh. Everything else went smoothly and he actually kicked me out of his room 15 minutes early because he was ready for bed.

OK enough procrastinating, I'm getting back to work. Love to all, blog again soon.

1 comment:

Katie said...

So far, I'm still here Jana. No baby news yet. I'm due tomorrow and was hoping the little one would come a bit early but no such luck!

I hope UF is okay... I had no idea he was having surgery! Please keep us updated!