Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to Reality

*sigh*

Well, we're back. Had a phenomenal time with everyone on the cruise. I'll post photos later but I'll give a quick rundown of the vacay right now. (I'm working from a computer without the photos but I do promise to upload them soon - we'll also post them to shutterfly and send them out from there as well).

Our first flight went great - Kieran didn't cry once. He was not afraid of the noise or the flight, he sat still for most of it. That kicked off a wonderful week. The downside? Not as much time with Bubbie and Zadie as we would have liked - they got sick and quarantined (each for a full 24hrs). So we'll just have to make up that time during the year.

The first day on ship we mostly just walked around, had a good long nap and played with some of the new toys that we bought (Color Wonder is just da bomb for travelling). The next day we were in Turks and Caicos - basically a beach for the ships. He was a little afraid of the water but had fun anyway. The rest of the trip... well I think I'd better save some for the posts with photos - needless to say we had a wonderful time and despite the sunburn I'd do it all over again.

I think my favorite part was having dinner every night with (nearly) everyone. It was sweet to see all the kids and everyone altogether just having fun and talking about their day. Next time we'll have to figure out a way that no one gets sick (and Kieran can have his own bed).

Promise I'll explain and blog it all with photos later.

No comments: