Monday, December 29, 2008

Stress Level: RED

OK so I've got way too many things to do before the cruise and to finish cleaning up after the holidays. I'm praying that I have enough time to do everything before we leave. Because of that, yeah, I'm sick. Also hoping the cold clears up before we take off on Friday.

Top it all off? Kieran is not allowed in the pool on the cruise ship. Because he is still in diapers (and don't ask about swimming diapers - they said those as a no-no as well) he is not allowed in the pool. On the positive side, we only have two ship days and the other days are port days so it's only two days we'll have to chase him around the ship and keep him out of the pool.

AAARRRGGH. I have to pack, finish up my work, get all the trash out of the house, make sure the dogsitter is set up, etc etc etc. laundry, last minute shopping. Someone please tell me that the cruise will be OK?

Update - 1:14 pm
Well, the dogsitter has been crossed off the list. Laundry and packing begin tonight. Shopping will occur on 1/1 (we're getting food for the flight and some additional new/lightweight toys for Kieran to play with). About 50% of what I need to get done here is complete. Feeling slightly calmer. Maybe a red/orange level right about now....

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm confused about the no swimming rule because it wasn't a problem for Mabel on our cruise. Maybe a different cruise line? Perhaps he could just swim without a diaper? Only trying to help... I know all these last minute things make it stressful, but when you leave for vacation it will be oh-so-worth-it!

Maybe he could play at the ships day care for a little while too to get his energy out. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the pool so much?

Jana G said...

I hope so. Daycare is from age 3 and up so no luck there. Ken called to ask about the no-swimming rule and they confirmed it. We could risk it, I just don't know. Holland American is claiming its actually a US Health Code policy. Eh. I'm sure we'll run him (and ourselves) around outside plenty. I'll be stressed until we're there and underway. It's just my nature.

thanks though. I am really glad to know that it's NOT really a US policy but a Cruise Line policy. I wonder if we coudl fight them.... :-)

Katie said...

I don't know Jana. If I were you I'd wait and see... and take some swim diapers with you just in case. We also didn't ask or look up any swimming policies. We just took Mabel to the kiddie pool. Maybe it was us who were lucky and we didn't get caught? I think the day care policy is different. We didn't take Mabel to the day care, but I think Sophia went.

Jana G said...

Yeah, this cruise line does not have a kiddie pool. Swim diapers or regular diapers, doesn't matter - we'll have 'em all on hand. Thanks though!