Friday, June 27, 2008

A Few Words

Kieran's getting a bit more vocal though mostly we still get grunting and gesturing. He knows "hot" and "hi" and has said at least once "book", "Dorothy" (name of our clownfish apparently), "thank you" (hasn't said this in awhile), and "up". I realized that Ken and I are not very vocal ourselves. Left to our own devices we'd converse with one another and read. Not useful to Kieran who needs us giving him a constant chatter of information. I've been making a conscious effort this week to do that. I think it's paid off as he uses "hot" at least once at dinner each night.

Then again, sometimes I think he just likes blowing on his food, which is what comes after "hot".

2 comments:

Katie said...

Awww. So cute! I love hearing babies talk!

Ben said...

Looks like you taught him a new game! Like the one we taught mabel when she stands up in the tub & we sit her back down...and she stands up....