Monday, May 12, 2008

On the Road Again...

Travelling for work this week and I'm not liking it so far. I miss Ken, I miss Kieran. I feel like I'm missing all the cool stuff. As if he'll say his first word and I won't be there. I think I'd be crushed.

That's about it. I'm beat, I'm travelling with some folk who can party like it's 1999 (or there's no tomorrow or whatever cliche you'd prefer). These are the same people who don't understand the reasons for having a kid. So, here I am, fogey that I am, beat and it's 9:42 pm. Ah well, I know the joys of the first smile of the morning, the run and hug, and the last cuddle of the night. I'm perfectly content in my fogey-ness.

2 comments:

Kikentai Triathlon said...

All Hail the Fogies!!!!! Yeah, I was in bed by 9:00.

MsJoanie said...

Oh, how the tides have turned. I remember the day when you couldn't even IMAGINE having a kid. Sigh. And being a fogey has nothing to do with having childen -- I can't make it past 10:30 p.m. on a school night either.

I guess all that really matters is, you're happy. And getting enough sleep...