Friday, May 18, 2012

The Baby and The Boy

I've been very remiss in blogging. Too busy lately - lots going on both from a work and a home perspective.

Ken's first triathlon is this weekend - fingers crossed- he's hoping to finish. I told Kieran that Ken was going to be in a race and he got very excited. I also told him that we'd go to see him cross the finish line.

Kieran: But I want to see the race!
Me: The whole race will take 5 hours.
Kieran: Boring!
Me: Exactly. That's why we'll go and cheer Daddy when he crosses the finish line.

Kieran writes and reads very well now. We have a stack of words for him to review each night - sight words from class and words we have added because his sight words are too simple (we got rid of all the 2 letter words and will soon remove all 3 letter words). He's also begun to write stories in his journal instead of drawing pictures each day. In class they begin each day by writing a sentence fragment (example: At the farm, I saw a....) and then the kids can finish the sentence with a picture or with words. Kieran's doing 2 or 3 pages full of words. He also wrote me a card that says "Mommy I miss you wen your gon". I love that card.

Amelia is doing well too. She's doing something I will not discuss here, but suffice to say I am better rested than I have been previously. I will not say more as I do not wish to jinx what has been occurring.

Her babbling is cute and she's waving and clapping her hands. She will even imitate sounds (Hi Dad is a favorite imitated phrase - still no mom yet dangit). Cruising along furniture and sometimes standing for a moment by herself. I doubt she will walk early (as her brother did) but I am not worried about her talking.

I'm gearing up to get details done for her first birthday party - coming in just over a month. I am counting down for multiple reasons (yes, one of them is so I can drink again) but am still blown away by the fact that it has been nearly a year since she was born. The past year has flown by.

On a related (but completely separate) topic... we finally dumped photos from the camera and have some videos that are old to share. So, now that it's nearly June I can post photos from Ken & Kieran's trip to Disney... from last August. Yes, we are that family. Deal with it.

Love to all, blog again sometime.

No comments: