Wednesday, April 18, 2012

If I Could, I Would

If I could change Mia's sleep habits, I would. If I could make it rain money, I would. If I could remember to clean my glasses each day, I would. Same goes for blogging. So, here's what we've been up to...

Amelia is doing better with nighttime (at least the past 2 nights she did) but I'm not ready to call it just yet (given that the previous 2 weeks she was up at least twice each night). Ken believes if we get her upstairs earlier she may sleep better. Kieran had a 7 PM bedtime when he was little, Mia's been working on a 7:30 or 8PM bedtime. Last two nights we put her to bed earlier and it's been better - she even slept from 7:30 until 6 this morning. So, we'll see how we can work that. It'll be hard, but it's not impossible.

She continues to grow rapidly. She's pulling up and cruising along the furniture (and people). She likes to hug and smile and play peek-a-boo. She adores her big brother.

Big brother's reading is coming along so well that he now reads one book to himself most nights after we go downstairs. It effectively makes his bedtime a little bit later (8:15 or as late as 8:30) but he's very very good about turning off his light and not trying to milk the opportunity.

Kieran started his baseball season this past Saturday and had another game Monday night. The big difference this year is that he's doing coach-pitch (not t-ball). He hit 3 pitches at Monday's game and even though he's the littlest one on his team, he still hits better than half the kids. Maybe that's just my mom-goggles, but I swear it's true.

The funniest Kieran story lately is from his game Monday. Last inning of the game and Kieran was 2nd to last to hit. When the last batter hits, all players on base run home and then the game is over. I see the first base coach lean in to Kieran to tell him to watch the batter and when he hits the ball, run around the bases.

The batter hits and Kieran takes off. He rounds second, third and goes all the way home, only to see the batter still standing there. It was a foul ball - so Kieran is directed back to first base to wait for a real hit. As he runs back to his base I hear him yell "Yay! I get to do it all again!"

No comments: