Friday, February 24, 2012

Bedtime and Other Tales of Woe

I'm ready for Amelia to have a better bedtime routine. Kieran had this whole sleeping thing down at 8 weeks old. She's nearly 8 months and we're still struggling. Blech.

She goes down without fuss. It's staying down that seems to be an issue. 8 PM is bedtime. She's usually in her crib no later than 8:30, back up around 10:30. And at 1:30 and sometimes again at 3:30. Every now and again she'll throw me a curve ball and sleep from 8:30 until 3:30 or from 10:30 until 5 or 6 AM. I just want some consistency (and more sleep).

Poor Kieran is desperate for a little one-on-one time with me and Ken. Ken fell down our stairs at the beginning of the month and likely broke some ribs. He was laid up for about 2 weeks and then had to make up work for the next two weeks, which meant Kieran was stuck with me and Amelia and no "just him" time, unless you count him going to his room by himself.

I think this has led to his very bad days at school lately (on red, orange and yellow a lot). Hoping we can turn this trend around now that we recognize what may be the cause of it.

Not much else to say but that I recognize I haven't blogged in awhile. I got swamped at work, Ken was sick so I didn't have time at home either. Will try to be better, that's all I can promise.

No comments: