Friday, January 07, 2011

Best Pre-Big-Brother Ever

Kieran is starting to get that I'm pregnant. It helps that my stomach is popping a little bit. I showed him my bigger belly the other night and he rubbed it with his hands and told the baby he loved it.

He asked if I thought it was a boy or girl. I told him I really didn't know. He said "I think it's a boy, what do you think Mommy?" I said again that I didnt' know.

"I think you think it's a girl."

Whatever gave him that idea is beyond me.

The other night I was waiting in his room while Ken was upstairs giving Kieran his bath. Kieran comes running into the room and bops his head right into my stomach. When I let out an "oof" he backed up and said "Sorry baby!" He then looked up at me and asked if he could give the baby a hug. I said of course he could and he put his hands on either side of my tummy and squeezed very gently. He then kissed my stomach and said "I love you baby."

Of course, we haven't gone into the fact that babies are helpless and when this kid is born it'll need a lot of our help and attention. But, I guess we'll get there. For now, he loves the baby, let's keep it that way.

No comments: