Tuesday, November 18, 2008

DANG Verizon!

Yeah, still no connection at the house and OODLES of great photos to share. I guess I'll just have to stick to some stories... *sigh*.

Kieran sings the entire alphabet song by himself. He doesn't always get all the letters out individually but the sounds are in the right place. He's probably a week away from getting it all down. He pointed to A, B, C, D and E on the alphabet chart at daycare without any assistance. He knows different numbers too.

He loves to "read" books by himself. At night he doesn't want me reading to him, just to sit there with the book. He likes me to tell him what's going on so then he can "read" the page himself. He's babbling up a storm - I'm actually convinced he's talking but is not clear enough for me to understand. A frustration I am trying to overcome.

Ken's new job goes well. For those who hadn't heard, Ken made the move to Offit Kurman, a firm in Howard County. His commute hasn't changed much in terms of time so that's good. They're a larger firm with many offices. We're both pretty excited about it.

Ah, the holidays. I can blog about this because I know my grandparents will not read it. This will be funny in about 2 weeks but is still semi-frustrating right now.

For Thanksgiving this year my mom is going to California to visit with Carol (her sister-in-law) which is usual. She didn't go last year because of other travels and whatnot. So, as we were planning to have Thanksgiving with my dad I checked in with him to see if my mom's parents (aka my grandparents) could go. My dad was originally planning on having dinner at his place. This changed to my Uncle Gary's but when Dad and I talked, I missed that part and only heard that he wasn't sure if there was space. At this point I had not called my grandparents as I didn't know what to tell them. My Uncle emailed me a few days later to say it was OK to bring them. One minor hiccup, my brother may need to bring his mother-in-law and wasn't sure if we would all end up at Uncle Gary's or if he was going to do something separate. OK, more waiting. Got the answer yesterday - it's all a go at UG's house. So I called my grandparents.... they apparently got tired of waiting on us and made their own plans. HA! Next year I'm going to Tahiti.

Love to all, blog again sometime... maybe even get photos up if Verizon can fix our internet (or when we ditch them for someone freaking reliable).

3 comments:

Katie said...

HA! Try driving 8 hours with a baby and a dog, then doing four different Thanksgiving dinners in four days at four different houses because your parents and in laws are divorced and then driving 8 hours back home with a baby and a dog in the car. Oh, by the way, you're 7 1/2 months pregnant and uncomfortable during the whole drive... and you've used all your husbands vacation time from work and can't take a vacation from your vacation.

Wonder why you won't see us for Hannukkah? =)

Jana G said...

OK, you win! Looking forward to seeing you though!

Kikentai Triathlon said...

There is the inaugural Cancun Ironman on Thanksgiving next year. I say we go down there, have a great Thanksgiving dinner, yes its Mexico but they are still celebrating, and then I can go work it off for 14 hours that Saturday.