Saturday, April 26, 2008

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled....

Thank you for commenting. Sometimes it does feel like no one's paying attention, even though I know you are.

Not much new to report. I've got Kieran's developmental assessment set up - that's not until nearly the end of May. So for now, same old same old. Still no words (though he does say "uh-oh" often and to good comedic effect).

We've had a good week but Kieran's nose has been stuffy and he's been coughing as well. I need to give him another dose of honey & lemon juice - which he hates but it helps. Tonight was a test for Ken & I. Our first night out with a paid babysitter. It went OK except that Kieran had separation anxiety about one minute after we left his room. Ken went back upstairs to put him to sleep before we left. Oh well. At least we're getting used to leaving Kieran with strangers. Oh wait - that's a bad thing, isn't it? (truthfully, neither one of us was comfortable)

We had a good day before tonight. Ken got up with Kieran and they played until I woke up an hour or so later. After Ken left for his bike ride, Kieran and I went to the park and played for about an hour on the playground. It's strange and exciting to watch him get on the slide by himself. He is so fun, and sweet and reckless. He played ball with an older boy - I had brought his ball to the playground and they took turns tossing it. Not exactly playing together or with each other, but it was good sharing all around.

That's it, it's late and I should be in bed as it's my turn to get up with Kieran tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to see you're blogging again... I've missed you!

I still want to hear details about this cruise...

Jana G said...

Thanks for that. I'm sorry I missed you guys on your last trip up here.

About our cruise...You're one to talk... what's with YOUR cruise?

Katie said...

Hehe! I'm so excited!

Unknown said...

His first words will be Zadie!