Monday, March 12, 2012

Sleep is NOT Overrated

I don't think I can stress that enough. A good night's sleep is everything. Unfortunately, Amelia seems to think that I can get by without it. She is wrong. Oh, so wrong.

I'm not sure if it was just because she's congested (Kieran, Amelia and I are all coming down with this cold at the same time), she had a strange day (napped late, Becca party and watching people at the aquarium), or just because she wants to eff with me. Whatever the reason, she didn't fall asleep until 9 PM last night, then was up multiple times. So many times that I really don't remember. My brain is fuzzy today and I am sucking down the coffee to keep my brain afloat.

Kieran, on the other hand, managed to do much better this weekend than he has in awhile. After threatening to keep him home from the birthday fun on Sunday unless he got his act together, Kieran listened well and followed directions all day Saturday (and Sunday too). As a reward I showed him the new Despicable Me 2 trailer on YouTube last night. He and I have now watched it about 5 times and still giggle each time we see it.

Unfortunately, when I dropped him off this morning he was already starting in with his need to entertain. He was singing the "let's get together and kill Barney" song as he walked in the door today. I reprimanded him and the teacher also indicated she was very tired of that particular tune. Still hoping he'll have a good day... we'll see.

No comments: