Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Parent-Teacher Conference

Our first one-on-one with Kieran's teacher was today. Overall, she says Kieran is very bright, remembers a lot from the beginning of the day to the end. He is a physical child - he likes to be moving, kicking or punching. His anger has flared up again lately but overall he's doing well using his words.

Its very strange and somewhat gratifying to hear that he behaves at school much as he does at home. When he is told to do something he doesn't wish to do he gets angry about it ("no" or "that's not fair") and when he's happy he's moving and laughing and playing. Mostly, the teacher said what needs work are his social skills - just taking turns and waiting seem hard for him.

I guess it's not surprising given he's an only child. Anyway I know I was bad bad bloggy mommy for awhile so I thought I'd share while it was fresh in my mind. Love to all, blog again eventually.

No comments: