Thursday, May 06, 2010

Welcome the newest Gauvey: Reggie

I had no plans to get Kieran a cat, even with all his lobbying and the fact that I truly miss having cats around. Ken was actually pushing harder than I was. We had some cats that were not-so-nice to our house, which we're trying to sell, and I had significant concerns that a new cat would make the old issues worse.

Yesterday morning I login and begin reading my email. There was a plea from a family in the city who had to move to a place that had a 2-pet policy. After asking family and friends, they posted to the local family groups. A five year old cat needed a home and I had a 3 year old who wanted a cat. I sent them a note and after several exchanges by email and phone, we all agreed - Reggie would join our family.

Kieran didn't know about us being able to bring Reggie home until we met him. He's an adorable Maine coon-type cat black and cream tiger stripes and a great laid-back temperament. After chatting with Leann and Damon and playing with Reggie we ask Kieran if he'd like to take Reggie home with us. "Yes." was the answer we knew we'd get.

On the ride home Kieran's smile was ear-to-ear and he told Reggie (before I had barely driven 10 feet) "Don't worry, cat, we're almost there". Reggie didn't run and hide but explored our house, hissed at Ochi, ate some food, let us pet him and generally hung out. Right now my biggest concern is the hissing at Ochi but I have a feeling that in a week I'll come home to find the two of them napping together on the sofa.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks like he'll stop asking for a cat now! =)