Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Stars in his Eyes

Ken, Kieran and I had a grand four days together this past weekend. Let's see what we did....

Thursday we mostly killed time until dinner at Uncle Gary's. We watched some TV, played some video games (yes, even Kieran - he loves his Elmo's World game and the online games at PBSKids.org), went outside and kicked the ball around, and made stuffing. Thanksgiving was really wonderful with lots of great food to choose from (though Kieran ate mostly dessert, who can blame him?). Ken's vegetarian stuffing was a huge hit given that we have somehow created several Lipshultz vegetarians. Knowing these guys as they grew up it really seems like an oxymoron to say Lipshultz vegetarian.

Friday we went to the Maryland Science Center. The last time we went we took Kieran to watch his very first planetarium show. When we gave him the option, he jumped to "see the stars" again. So while we were there we watched a new show they had called "The sky above Mr Roger's Neighborhood" it took some elements from the show and added some stars, clouds, the moon and the sun. Ken and I were a bit bored, but Kieran loved it (again). Even more than playing with the dinosaurs or in the water table. We finished up the day with dinner at Oma and Opa's where Kieran was (relatively) well-behaved and my grandmother was able to show him off to pretty much anyone who would listen. I can't blame the woman, he is pretty great.

Saturday... I think I went grocery shopping that day. Honestly, I can't remember. Wow, I'm getting old.

Sunday we went back to the Science Center. Kieran wanted to see the starts again. Each night we ask him what his favorite part of the day was. He keeps talking about watching the stars in the planetarium. He won't pick something from that day. Oh well, I'm sure we'll be back soon to see them again.

1 comment:

Katie said...

So cute! I'm glad you all had a great Thanksgiving and I'm really sorry we missed you again. Maybe one of these days we'll be able to make it to one of the big Lipshultz holidays...