Monday, February 19, 2007

Tales of Parenting

I have a couple of stories about my new role - none of which include the fact that I am typing while holding my child because he refuses to be put down yet.

So - story number one is the first real poop experience. During Kieran's second week home he hadn't pooped in several days. We were getting worried. Then, as luck would have it he had an EXPLOSIVE episode. And I mean explosive - so much so that his diaper came off. It was simply impressive that he could evacuate that much that forcefully for one so small. I say that I probably didn't put the diaper on right - but Ken says that's not as funny.

The other story number involves my ability to try and have my son sleep in his crib. He is somewhat averse to being put down (loves to be held, this Kieran of mine) - did I mention the typing while holding him? Anyway - Ken and I are on shifts during the evening. Ken takes from 10 pm until 3 am and I take 3 am until 8 am (at which point I generally fall asleep for an additional two hours thanks to my wonderful husband). Anyway - the other night Ken had closed the door to our bedroom to sleep a little bit better (less noise) so when I crept back to bed at 4 am (with the monitor on, Kieran had finally let me lay him down in his crib) I closed the door behind me, but it doesn't close all the way. I was asleep in minutes. At 4:30 I was awakened by Kieran crying. I rushed out of bed and literally ran into the door! I think I have a faint bruise above my eye right now from it. I was worried I cracked my glasses (I didn't). Ken is worried that at my doctor's appointment tomorrow they're going to think he beats me because if they ask how I got this bruise on my forehead I have to be honest - I ran into a door. Hopefully they'll be understanding to the sleep-deprived new mom.

So, such are my new mom stories. I hope I have been entertaining. Hope all is well and I hope to see all of you at the naming and/or Oneg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jana,
I was laughing out loud at those stories. Tell Ken not to worry, if they do think that he hit you, they can't prove it unless you testify. LOL

Micki